Eternity

A Heaven versus Hell rpg

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maximus

Yen : 34770

PostSubject: Maximus Decimus Meridius   Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Name: Maximus Decimus Meridius
Alias: Death (One of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse) Wrath
Race: Demon
Loyalty: Neutral
Height: 6’1

Appearance:

Human Form

Demon Form

100% Demon Form

Notable Physical Traits: Maximus has a scar running across his chest from a sword wound. An Archangel nearly took his life in a battle long since forgotten to most but certainly not to Maximus for he has the Kanji for Wrath and Revenge tattooed on his chest.
Wing Span: 10’
Wing Color: Red

Talents: Killing, Lying, Detecting Lies.

Personality: Maximus is an ancient soul filled with wrath. While in his demon form he exhibits all the signs of a vengeful being. He was so angered by the banishment to the Earth that he began to embody one of the highest sins, that of wrath. He is a cold-hearted and very calculating individual, his intelligence far surpasses that of the average Demon. Maximus is a very proud being and thinks mere Humans below him and thus a waste of his time. But there are two sides to every coin, and Maximus is no different. While in his seemingly Human form, Maximus has the capacity to love, admire, and even feel compassion towards other creatures. He marvels at the beauty of creation and all the wonders that surround him. He is a gentle and kind, and fights the demon that rests inside him for control of his mind and his sanity.

Notable Personality Traits: Split personality, while in his Human form he is a kind individual and constantly he toils against the demon inside him to remain this way. One the demon is released however; Maximus becomes a machine of destruction.

Weapons: Maximus carries a Katana forged from the fang of the demon dog Cerberus, guardian to the gates of Hades and the exit to the River Styx. The weapon has no name however as no name could fit it.

Accessories: None

Abilities: Maximus has the power to manipulate fire down to it's most basic forms. He has the ability to create sparks which he can then fan into a raging inferno. Fire however is not simply a destructive force as it is in and of itself one of the purest forms of life there is. Maximus can use the lesser known healing properties of fire and heat, such as caurterizing a wound and stopping bleeding in others as well as in himself.

Background: (Ok so I just saw Gladiator the other day and felt like making Maximus on here haha)

Not much is known about Maximus other than that he was a loyal member of the Angelic host until Lucifer fell. A large group of Angels questioned the creator and were then exiled from Heaven. He viewed the situation in the same light that Lucifer and the other "rebels" did and thus was banished to the Earth where he wandered for centuries. He soon came to settle in the bustling and sinful city of Rome where he became a General in the Legion. He led many a successful conquest in the name of the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius although he only did it for the thrill of battle. After the murder of Emperor Aurelius and his wife and son, Maximus left the Legion and left the face of the Earth for some time, entering into Hades for the first time in a millennia. It was said that he tamed Cerberus and had a master blacksmith on Earth forge a blade out of his fang which he uses to this day.

RP Sample: This is an old post off an old forum…if you absolutely need me to write one on the spot I can I suppose..

Kei stepped through the portal which he had created to Hueco Mundo, having studied Hollows for quite some time and being himself part Hollow it was no large task to immitate their method of travel to this place. He stepped onto the seemingly pure white sand of an endless desert, no visible tracks of any kind whatsoever disturbed the sand. He had been to this place before, many years ago during a war long since forgotten by most. His stride was confident yet he kept his presence to himself for the time being. He continued in a single direction for what seemed an eternity before coming to the place he had intended. Many years ago when he had come to the great white desert of Hueco Mundo he erected a structure with his comrades which served as their base of operations during the conflict. The palace was still there, in fact it had never been damage in the battles that ensued, Kei having issued orders to never engage an enemy within the proximity. As he approached the large row of pillars that marked the path to the gate, he noted that the sand had shifted slightly as the pillars were now blocked from view by the surrounding dunes. He stopped short of the massive front gate and entrance, sensing and seeing a congregation of Hollows wandering the grounds. His vision scanned the area from left to right as he observed their appearance and gauged their general level of power, noting two powers that he could not see coming from inside the palace. As he stepped forward towards the Hollows they all spotted him and began walking towards him with hunger in their eyes, the prospect of a fresh meal was too enticing to pass up.

"If you would kindly step aside, i'm here to reclaim what is rightfully mine." Kei spoke in a authoritative and stern voice, quite contrary to his normally calm and uninterested tone. The Hollows continued to approach him as he stopped abruptly, placing his hands deep into the pockets of his overcoat and sighing.

"Still as unintelligent as before I see, so be it. If you will not step aside then I will be forced to move you." Kei spoke with a distinct sound of annoyance on his voice as the Hollows continued to press forward.

Kei turned his head towards the sky and exhaled, then bringing his gaze down to meet that of the horde of Hollows which was coming in his direction. He began to slowly release excess reishi which would build up in him, the spiritual pressure seemed to seep from every pore in his body. He then released a mere fraction of his power, which was enough to cause the weak group of Hollows to flee in terror. As he stepped through the doors to the palace, he noticed a Hollow which seemed to be of Adjuchas class sitting on the throne atop the large staircase. At his side was another Adjuchas class which was certainly weaker than the first.

"Excuse me, what exactly do you think you are doing here?" The Adjuchas on the throne asked as he tilted his head to the side.

Kei simply stared up at the Adjuchas and released a great deal more of his power than he had before, causing the weaker of the Adjuchas to fall to his knees, the other feeling visible discomfort. His presence alone was enough to cause discomfort in these Hollows, and he figured they were not of the same league as the ones he had fought before. He then allowed even more of his reishi to spill out, still not even half of his potential due to the seal he had placed on himself.

"What....what are you?!?" The Adjuchas said as he fled down the stairs and out the door of the palace, his lacky close behind. Kei slowly ascended the staircase to the throne and sat lazily in it looking out across the grand hall that led to it sighing once more.

"It's good to be home."

Last edited by Maximus on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ember
Lust of The 7 Deadly Sins

Yen : 37891

PostSubject: Re: Maximus Decimus Meridius   Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:41 am

All in all, a very nice app. Two things though: 1. If you're a demon, how were you a part of the Angelic Host? 2. Could you elaborate a little more on your ability to manipulate fire?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eternity.forumcanadien.org
Maximus

Yen : 34770

PostSubject: Re: Maximus Decimus Meridius   Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:18 am

I explained it a bit more, if it's still unclear I can write a whole section in the history for it but it's the basic story in the Christian, Catholic, etc. faiths. I won't assume that you know the story because you might not, but the basic idea is that all demons were once angels that were banished from Heaven because they disobeyed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ember
Lust of The 7 Deadly Sins

Yen : 37891

PostSubject: Re: Maximus Decimus Meridius   Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Mkay. Well I see nothing else, so...

Approved and Ranking List updated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eternity.forumcanadien.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maximus Decimus Meridius   

Back to top Go down

Maximus Decimus Meridius
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternity :: Information Central :: Soul Analysis Area :: Character Analysis :: Accepted Souls-
Jump to: