Eternity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eternity

A Heaven versus Hell rpg

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunting Down The Beast

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rinali

Rinali

Yen : 54290

Hunting Down The Beast Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Down The Beast   Hunting Down The Beast EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 7:37 pm

[Open to anyone who wants to join]

A heavy spiritual presence was coming from the Northern Peaks of the outskirts of the metropolitan area. Rinali had 'borrowed' (although stolen would be a better word) a motorcycle to get out of the Metal City faster. The road to the Peaks was pretty straight forward until she got to the mountain pass. She secured the helmet onto her head and checked everything before she took off. She stepped on the gas and off she went. The highway to the mountains didn't have a speed limit and her ears could take the pressure. At first, she was pushing seventy, but when she saw no one following her, she accelerated to about ninety to a hundred miles per hour. As she was driving, she recalled the rumors she had heard about her current objective. It was a great beast capable of calling hurricanes. It was a feline-type monstrosity apparently. And the people dubbed it as Zeroun, seeing that no one returned from the place recently. Rinali figured it was a demon offspring or a bad experiment gone wrong. Either way, its presence was dangerous to the metropolitan city below the Peaks. "So it's up to those who are brave enough to challenge it. Maybe, my powers could get stronger from this." She said. As she got closer to the mountains where the creature linger, she felt constant chills. It must have been its aura. Rinali smirked to herself. "Well, I do hope this is a good show." Her eyes were a bright red behind the helmet visor.
Back to top Go down
http://reizna.livejournal.com
The Revenant

The Revenant

Yen : 54300

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Down The Beast   Hunting Down The Beast EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 10:24 pm

Altus, now being ranked as a 2nd Lieutenant in Hell's Army, had been leading an elite squad of 7 other Demon's... Of course, it was Altus's own ambition which they had been obediently following, they were, as well, attracted to his odd aura, so, it had made his quite the charismatic leader now. They began running up to the mountain pass, where they'd begin their exploration. "Do you have the intelligence on this creature, Sir?" Asked one of the Demons curiously. "Yes, yes I do... It's known as "Zeroun", apparently a codename for an Experiment that Humans had been working on, in order to stand up, and foresee these odd occurences between Angels and Demons... But, after almost finishing it, it had broken free... The one part of it they hadn't added into such a creation, was "Control" and now, it runs these Mountains wildly, using its immense power." Explained Altus sternly, as they continued up towards the mountain. "How could they have made such a freak of nature?!" Questioned another Demon loudly. "Well... It was through a few Demon's corpse that Humans had found lying around a few years back... Research and Development didn't want its dying genetics to go to waste, and somehow, they managed to genetically engineer such genes into a being, which originated from animal, and Demon traits." Answered Altus patiently as they continued onward. "Hmm... It all seemed so well thought out." Implied a calmer Demon directly behind Altus. "Ah... I agree." Added the Lieutenant, Altus, calmly.

"Hehe! I bet there will be humans looking for this creature as well! Lets devour them whole! I hadn't had my starting meal of the day yet!" One of the fat, goblin-like demons had said, it was short, but, fat, and ugly, with razor sharp teeth, wielding a shotgun, its skin was blue, and its ears long, dangling and pointy. "That is not our objective here..." Replied Altus softly. "Heh! Oh well! I'm hungry, I won't let objectives get in the way of a nice meal!" Replied the Demon rebelliously, too independant. Altus stopped, along with the rest of the squad, whom were now catching up to the mountain pass. Then, in an instant, he turned around, drew his Rapier, decapitated the Demon's head, blood splurred out, like a rapid fountain going upwards, the blood had only gotten on the two Demons in the back, and Altus sheathed his sword back into its scabbard, and continued moving, along with the rest of his squad, made up of NOW 6 Demons. They would now all be intimidated by such an act, and only do as told. "I can't have disobedience within my Squad... The outsider is always the one to start foolish things, which could lead to all our pierils." Explained Altus, it was ironic, for he was truly the outsider. They eventually reached the Mountain Pass, soon afterwards, a Motorcycle was about to pass by them... Altus stood there calmly, waiting to see what sort of bold Bicycilist, would be in the mountains at a time like this, the Morotcycle got nearer and nearer on their position, he simply stood there, along with the rest ofg his squad, he had ordered them to halt, for he was curious of this Motorcyclist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elderscrollsrealms.darkbb.com
Rinali

Rinali

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Down The Beast   Hunting Down The Beast EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 11:27 pm

Demons. Rinali shouldn't have been so surprised to see them here, but it struck her when she noticed who was leading them. She stepped on the brakes and swerved her bike around to avoid hitting his minions. When she swerved, she almost fell of the bike but she had held on as tightly as she could. Rinali ended up on the other side of the two-way road. The demons and herself were the only people on the mountain pass. Her muscles tensed up. The demons in Altus' squad might have noticed the scents she carried. A human, angel and demon hybrid was tasty from what she heard in the past. Rinali gripped the handles of her bike. "Tracking Zeroun as well?" She asked them, looking over her shoulder. She glanced at the squad leader, smirking behind her helmet. "It's been a while, hasn't it?" She was gambling on the fact that he would recognize her even behind the helmet. Their auras were unmistakeable in this world. Eventually, a demand of her revealing her face would probably happen. She had no doubt about that.
Back to top Go down
The Revenant

The Revenant

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Down The Beast   Hunting Down The Beast EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 2:45 am

The motorcyclist had stopped riding, she was a few feet off of Altus's position, along with his Squads. There was desire in 5 of the 6th Demons he had been leading, they wanted to devour such an enigmatic aura, but, they were even more afraid of Altus's "obedience" expectations. Altus stood there, she had spoken: "Tracking Zeroun as well?" She had said... The voice was familiar, but, the Aura was immediately acknowledgable, it was Amiel's. She had never seen this side of Altus before, leadings a Squad of Demon's... But, he had told her he was apart of Hell's military, only, that he was a Grunt at the time... Due to Lust's "persuasion" skills, she had gotten Altus up to 2nd Lieutenant. "Yes... Yes we're Amiel." He had answered briefly, with a collected expression on his face. "I assume you're as well? Brining it up so suddenly?" Asked Altus, knowingly of the answer he'd receive. One of the Demon's spoke out of term from behind Altus. "Order her to unmask herself! I want to see her face! Oh, I do! I do!" Demanded the Demon wildly, drueling with excitement, saliva driveling down the monstrous Demon's mouth, Altus ignored the Demon's bothersome tone. She had commented on how long they have met... "Yes, yes it has been a while. I new you were of a combatant sway, but, I wouldn't have expected you alone, to get involved with militaristic affairs..." Examined Altus patiently. Altus simply waited, after he got the information he was most curious about, he'd continue heading towards the last location of this beast, which, wasn't too far from their current position.
Back to top Go down
Rinali

Rinali

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Down The Beast   Hunting Down The Beast EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 3:35 am

"Indeed." Rinali swung her leg over the bike and stood up, unlocking the clasp on her helmet. She wouldn't take it off just yet. She slipped off her gloves and pointed at the demon who had spoken out of term. "Altus, are they grunts or a level higher than one? If so, I can handle them without lifting my finger." She hoped Altus would recall the time she handled the cat demon shortly before their first meeting. Rinali pulled the helmet off to reveal her pale face and shook her head, running her fingers through her hair. As soon as she put the helmet down, she reached for the keys and turned off the engine. She then ignored Altus's minions. They were of no importance to her whatsoever. They were lusting for her tasty aura, but if she had to fight them off, she would with no hesitation even if Altus requested her to stop. Then again, Altus would probably allow her to defend herself. After all, he did look down upon such things. Rinali took a glance at the leader and stretched her arms. "I don't align myself with any faction nor am I involved in any military of any sort. There was a bounty posted, requesting the death of this thing. The human side of me agreed to this hunt merely because I needed money and refuses to eat anything but normal food. And besides, that is how I've survived for this long anyway without being bored." It was not the normal persona speaking for she was influenced by her demon self. This could be seen in her eyes for they were still a bright red.
Back to top Go down
The Revenant

The Revenant

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Down The Beast   Hunting Down The Beast EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 4:52 am

She had stepped off her bike, and took a glance at Altus, explaining a Bounty... So, apparently this Zeroun, was well-known amongst Metal City inhabitants... Perhaps it had been feeding on their flesh? Altus examined her closely and through the mask, he had seen bright red eyes... This showed a sign of bloodlust, perhaps her demonic aura was starting to show signs? Only she could understand. "Ah... And only two of these Demons are Grunt level... Three of them are General level, and 1 of them is Captain level." Explained Altus sharply, taking a glance at his "men". In the distance there was a loud cry, almost a powerful war, one which was hungry, sensing something around it... "It seems we're closer then we had originally thought." Explained Altus sternly, as he turned around, and with one signal from his hand, he had ordered his Demons to ignore Amiel, and push onward towards their target... They had obediently done just that. "Get ready men... We're drawing near to our target." Ordered Altus as a 2nd Lieutenant. They had all nodded, they felt they were ready... But, arrogance was a trait most Demons held... So, Altus wouldn't be assured until he saw them in action. With a serious look, he approached the spot, when he got there, nothing was in sight, just knocked down trees... And a strong breeze, which was begginning to fade, the Creature just changed its position, most likely sensing them getting closer... "It seems we were too late. Now we know, this experiment, is a fast moving one... We'll begin further search shortly. Prepare yourselves Demons!" Ordered Altus again, waiting for Amiel to catch up, and possibly help out with the ivestigation, perhaps lead them, this all depended on how keen her senses were, but, anyway, it was only a hope... Altus could manage himself if he was going to pursue doing so.
Back to top Go down
Rinali

Rinali

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Down The Beast   Hunting Down The Beast EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 5:34 am

Rinali closed her eyes and took in a deep breath before a groan of pain was heard. Her grey wings erupted from her back and she took off, snatching the keys to the bike and waved her finger. She placed a charm on it so only she could pick it up. Her wings flapped while she followed Altus and his group from above. She kept some distance from them so they could not attack her. She realized the wind was carrying her scent everywhere, but now was not the time to worry about it. She darted ahead to see the beast with burgundy fur called Zeroun. It had a head of a human and a body of lion - much like a sphinx of ancient Egyptian myth. It was rumored to be about twenty feet tall and forty feet long. Or perhaps, Rinali was miscalculating and it was smaller than people said it was. Either way, she was not that disappointed. "And there lies the beast." She reached for her pendant around her neck and it grew in her hands into her weapon, her mirror. Zeroun lifted his head, taking in the different scents. It knew they were there. There was a shockwave emitted from its body. Soon, it opened its mouth and air began to rush in. Rinali let out a curse and dropped from her current height. She couldn't get sucked in or else, it would be all over. She reached into her pocket and produced an old mirror shard.

When she was out of the vacuum, Rinali dragged the shard down her free, unblemished hand. She winced and let it bleed. "Come to me, my other selves. Multiply." From her life's blood, two copies of herself sprung forth. The trio looked identical to the other except for their eyes. Only the eyes told the difference. Without another word, the three Rinali's leapt into the air, clutching their weapons. Zeroun had to have a weakness. But what was it?
Back to top Go down
The Revenant

The Revenant

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Down The Beast   Hunting Down The Beast EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 8:42 pm

Altus realized that Amiel had been soaring above them, with her gray wings... They were a unique color. For most Demons and/or Angels, it was always white or black, but no... Amiel had a unique Gray, it was the color of her neutral aura that only Altus was capable of seeing, using his Pendant. She then heard the Beast, and began Altus and his Demons to it, without realizing most likely. Eventually, Altus and his Squad reached the Beast, and were only 28ft away from it, it was large, its height was 20ft, and, it had appeared, at least, 40ft long. Altus drew his Rapier, in the sky, he had noticed that using her mirror, Amiel released clones of herself, from the ground, looking up the three Amiel's were extremely hard to define, but, due to Altus's strong sense in Aura, he could tell which one was the real one, the Demons were absolutely confused. "Alright Demons! Here is the battle tactic." Attracted Altus loudly, taking cover behind a few bushes, now not visible to the roaring Beast 28ft away. "Alright, one of you will have to sacrifice your weapon, whoever volunteers, I promise them a higher rank when the battle is won! Which one would be willing to do so?" Asked Altus patiently. The calm, and collected Demon raised its hand... It was the boldest, and least foolish out of all of them, completely obedient, focused on its mission. "...I will sir." Said the Demon with a deep, and calm tone. The other Demons were suprised, the one that had volunteered had its eyes closed. "What must I do?" Asked the Demon calmly. "You will throw your weapon, accurately directly in between both of the creatures front 2 legs, this will distract the mindless beast, at least for a short moment." Explained Altus, the Demon nodded in agreement with this plan. "Then, four of you, while the Beast is distracted, will use these thick, strong Vines to develop an Obstacle for the beast, just so we can estimate how intelligent it really is... Once these Vines entangle all around its legs, you four will tangle it up tightly, knocking it over." Explained Altus sharply. "Alright, got it Sir!" Replied one of the four Demons bravely, with a grin. "Now, the last two, you both will assault Zeroun, only if it fell for the obstacle, and collapses against the ground... While you two are injuring it, or battling it, I will attempt to get on top of it, and thus, piercing through its neck, and/or veins." Finalized Altus. "We all have a distraction already working for us... It's the Hybrid in the sky, although it's distracted in the air, it's also important we distract it on land." Explained Altus. "If this plan fails, report back to this very location, where we'll have cover, to recalculate. If any of you die here... You die here as warriors, nothing more, nothing less." Explained Altus blatantly. They all saluted. "Initate the plan!" Ordered Altus loudly.

Up in the sky, the Beast had already been distracted by Amiel, but, as Altus's bold Demon had charged forward, Zeroun's attenttion went to the land, before it could swipe at the Demon with its massive claws, the Demon threw his Katana directly in between Zeroun's two front legs, turning quickly, gaining cover... The Beast was puzzled, and while it was puzzled, 4 of the Demons had popped out from the large Beast's rears by suprise, they then began to circle around it, gathering the Vine, like a long, thick and strong rope, due to all this miscomprehension, the Vines were everywhere, and primarily aimed to wrap around, possibly strangle some of its body parts if it were to move at all. Eventually, they had tangled it up so much, that it had begun collapsing to the floor, the Vines were tearing as it did this, then the 4 Demons parted, and moved back into cover... This is when, from behind the Bushes nearby, Altus ordered his Assault team to charge the Beast, armed, and fortified. While the Beast was still getting up, the 2 Demons lunged towards it. Using its claws, and starting to gain ground once more, it began defending itself, matching its claws with their blades. From behind, Altus had made a long jump, tugging its tail heavily, it immediately turned around, leaving an opening for the two demons, and they struck at one of its legs, it roared, and a large sonic wave, had pushed the two demons far back, Altus was hanging on desperately, trying to get on its back, it swiped its claws near Altus, but, in response, Altus had front-flipped over its paw, landing directly on the middle of its spinal cord... With his Rapier drawn, he had charged for its neck, it turned its neck in response, and after seeing Altus come towards its neck, it had whipped him by suprise, heavily with its tail, Altus flew right off its back, hitting the ground hard, after just barely reaching its neck to kill it. Altus tumbled a few feet backwards, as it slammed its left paw hard on his former position, pieces of dirt, and rock sprung up, but, due to Altus's maneuverable size, he managed to get out of the way. He ordered the Demons back behind the bushes, stealthily, and they were all reunited. "S-Sir, I had left my Katana behind!" Stated the bold Demon. From behind his back, Altus had grabbed the Katana, he must've picked it up as he was tumbling. He handed it back to the Demon. "Good, it seems like none of you are dead." Said Altus coldly. "Well Sir, what is your Plan B...?" Asked the Demon. "Well... It's to think of a Plan B, to initate more tactics. We have a goal here afterall." Then, Altus, along with his men began to think quietly to themselves, thinking of some more tactics... In the back of his head, Altus had been concerned for his friend, Amiel, who was currently in the sky, and while they had to retreat, and made it out alive... She'd now be struggling against it.
Back to top Go down
Rinali

Rinali

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Down The Beast   Hunting Down The Beast EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:59 am

The demon group had retreated behind the bushes. Rinali refused to turn her back on her enemy. Not when there was a possibility for it to attack her. Altus would be fine for moment. Zeroun swung its great claws, attempting to swat the three Rinali's away. It almost succeeded by slamming one into the walls of the mountain pass. The real Rinali clutched her chest, feeling the brunt of the physical pain. Her clones felt nothing but she felt every blow they faced. So much for decoys. She thought to herself. The real Rinali ran across the air to grab hold of the clone who was slammed to the wall. She grasped her clone by the wrist and dropped down to the ground. Her action attracted the eyes of the beast and it swung down upon them. Rinali cursed, unable to find a way out of it. She was descending and its paw was coming down at her. It was then the third clone dove down from the sky; the amber eyes burning as she lifted her palm. Her hand resonated with the real Rinali's, whose eyes burned crimson. Together, they spoke, "Chrono control." Time froze and the Rinali's escaped for the bushes where Altus and his demons were trying to come up with their Plan B.
Back to top Go down
The Revenant

The Revenant

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Down The Beast   Hunting Down The Beast EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 1:16 am

Altus was about to begin speaking about the second plan... But, in the distance, only a couple dozens of feet behind him, up in the sky, it seemed Amiel had enough, she had fell back as well, and actually ended up where Altus was preparing to explain to his troops... The beast, Zeroun would be puzzled for the moment, perhaps bored, for all of its prey were in hiding covertly behind the bushes. "Well... It appears you've come to join us, Amiel." Examined Altus, noticing her presence, her strong aura, it had made 5 of the 6 Demons hungry, but, due to Altus's orders, they hadn't done anything, and they wouldn't as long as Altus was around to enfore punishment, to them, he was a ruthless slayer of Demons. "Although you've never seen this side of me, we're in war... So, we may as well welcome you to our best interests in this situation against such a beast." Explained Altus. "...Well Sir, what is it you desire?" Asked the calm, and the only Demon that hadn't been hungry through this all. "Well... Four of you are bowman correct?" Asked Altus calmly. "Yes... I wield a bow and a few arrows, along with three of us, but, it's a secondary weapon, why do you ask?" Asked the curious Demon, speaking for all the 4 bowman in his presence. "I want you to put all your accuracy in your arrows, and fall back about 1-15ft, then return arrow fire from a safer distance away, focus on its neck, and facial area, that is where most of the weak points in all living things are, so I assume this may be the same." Explained Altus. "While you four catch the Beast's attenttion, it will charge towards you, right when it passes the bushes we're currently plotting behind as it comes towards you, Amiel, you will spread your wings, and fire down on the back of its Head, and spine, thus damaging the nerves... I trust you're skillful enough? Then, the three remaining, you two and I, will commence an ambush, this either severly wounding the beast, or killing it. Our key factors are the four bowman's accuracy, and the time we strike." Fully explained Altus. "Are we ready?" Asked Altus. THe Demons had nodded, trusting in her skills, and aura, he had known she was ready. "Alright, Bowman get in position, and draw its attenttion, fire down on it quickly, and as accurate as possible, if you don't... You could all end up dying." Explained Altus. "Now go!" Ordered Altus with a signal. The Four Bowman snuck through the thick trees... And, into position. From there, they pulled out their bows, and began notching back an arrow. Right when they were done notching, and had pulled the flexible string as far as they were used to... They pin pointed their targets throat, and eyes with their 'good' eye. After another signal from Altus in the distance, the four of them fired. One of the arrows immediately hit the creatures right eye, and another had hit the creatures throat, dead in the center... The other two hit its front left leg, which was already badly damaged... It immediately noticed them, and quickly, as they were reloading, it came charging towards them using its right let, and its left leg as best as it could. The arrows were obviously not deep enough. "Alright Amiel, soar up in the sky in a couple seconds before it passes the bush, hit the back of its head and spine, then we'll jump out at it, and begin the final assault!" Prepared Altus, wielding his Rapier tightly. He waited for Amiel to move, Zeroun was getting closer and closer.
Back to top Go down
Rinali

Rinali

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Down The Beast   Hunting Down The Beast EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:46 am

"That I will!" Rinali shouted. Her clones vanished from sight and rush of power flowed throughout her body. Her angelic wings tore open, giving way to demonic ones. She pushed off the ground and soared into the skies above until she was looking down at the beast. Her orders were to strike the back of its head and its spine. She could do that simultaneously. "From dust thou came, and dust thou shall return." She spoke as it passed the bush. Energies swirled in her hands, collecting the power stored inside her. The dark energies took the form of an great orb. Almost immediately, Rinali did not hesitate to throw it down the ground. Following this, another orb appeared in her hands and swallowed her up. A smirk was on her face throughout the time. "Sinner." Then, she dove down as if she was committing suicide. Rinali followed the previous energy orb, which missed its target. She cursed and bit her lip. How could her first attack miss? She shook her head. No matter. Her hand curled into a fist. She would not miss her target this time. Speeding up the orb she was encased it, she struck Zeroun almost where Altus requested. She struck the beast between the shoulder blades and it hunched forward. Rinali, almost unconscious, rolled off the beast's back and fell into the ground, near its rear paw. Dirt smeared her face as she turned to look at what was going on. Her body sustained some damage, but it was nothing she couldn't heal with time. Her eyes widened when Zeroun tried to move its hind legs. Rinali rolled over to avoid it and pushed herself up, attempting to take the skies once more.
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

Yen : 54151

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Down The Beast   Hunting Down The Beast EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 10:03 pm

nero lurks nearby, watching with a bitter smile as the angel and....honestly he isn't really sure what that other one is, the female seems to shift between the various species of human, angel, and demon. nero has never known a being like that, but he doesn't spend much time in the company of his angelic "brothers and sisters" so he isn't privy to all the occurances that may have been caused or encountered, by them. idly he wonders what the beast will do to them, if it kills the angel he wouldn't really care, but the female he's unsure of, he even wonders about using his powers on the beast and seeing how they deal with the moster when it's a pure demon in form and temperment, and under his control
Back to top Go down
Rinali

Rinali

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Down The Beast   Hunting Down The Beast EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 11:47 pm

She groaned with frustration as she couldn't take flight. Though her wings were fine, Rinali found herself lacking the energies to fly. She couldn't find it in herself to push off the ground. Seeing Zeroun's paw above her, she dashed away toward the bushes, but tripped over a stone and fell over. She rolled onto her back and muttered, "Chrono Control." The spell was weaker than usual, but it had to work. The sense of time halted for a moment, allowing her to get up and run away. Now, she had to wait and counter the beast's next move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Down The Beast   Hunting Down The Beast Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunting Down The Beast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternity :: Earth :: The Metal City-
Jump to: